fox and feather store Bristol

Saturday 18 June 2011

taxidermy- good or bad?

I have a lovely new friend on my wall. He hasn't got a name yet but maybe he should have. He is not the little fella from the photo at the top of the page. Well I hope he isn't anyway!

One day he will go and live in the Fox and Feather shop. But I am a bit worried he might scare people. He is a nice fox, I don't know... is taxidermy good or bad?


I bought him from a little old man in Wales. I saw it on his stall and thought he was cool (the fox, but actually the old man was pretty cool too as it turned out) . I didn't have any money, so he let me take it if I promised to send him a cheque in the post! What a very lovely man indeed. Apparantly I have an honest face. Yey!

So now the fox and his dinner are mine. I sent a cheque and all is good.

But is taxidermy good or bad? Let me know, before I scare off all my customers....

Oh and you can now follow this blog by email, just put your email address in the box on the right hand column, and you can comments below if you are feeling chatty xx

2 comments:

  1. I like the taxidermy, and the fox is very well done, animals are often road kill etc that get stuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it on I say!! Its already dead and better to be proudly on display on your shop wall than gathereing dust in some old man's garage. Even if it was killed in a horrific manner, we dont need to worry about that do we! Surely... ;) Dont know if you remember in our attic at our old house in green lane we had a similar fox's head (minus the bird)which me and my sis were very attached to as kids, probably not the most PC toy, but we loved that fox! I think it would be rude not to put him on display.
    Oh, and i'm loving your ideas for fox and feather, I must admit probably not the most clued up on women's fashion, but I know what I like and I totally see you having an amazing shop! Hopefully I will be able to visit it one day. Hope you are all good Clare, good luck. Erica xoxox

    ReplyDelete